Lyon is one of the best metropolitan areas in France that you must visit. The city is 3rd largest within France. It is the capital of Rhone-Alps area. The city is renowned for its historic and social heritage. A number of its structures and museums have been indexed by world history site listing of UNESCO.
Some of the best locations to visit and explore in Lyon are:
1. St. Jean Church: This cathedral is dedicated in order to St. John and St. Stephen. It was built during Twelfth and the 13th century. The earliest parts of the actual church have now been shut for hopes and are kept for the community display.
2 Renaissance Courtyards: These are the stunning courtyards that were constructed during the time of renaissance within the Roman style of architecture.
3. Theatres Romains de Fourviere: This is the oldest theatre in France and was started in 11th century AD. There's a great regard and value for it amongst the local inhabitants.
4. Parc de la Tete: This is a well-liked park that is made in the English type of architecture. The actual park was built during the 19th century and it is one of the biggest and most beautiful urban parks of France. It is a good way for family outings and other recreational activities. The main popular features of the park include a big greenhouse, organic garden along with a rose garden. Recently African Plains have also been additional where the creatures can wander freely.
5. Opera house: This opera house was started in 1826 and was later reopened within 1993. The place has located many opera performances and dance shows. The glass ceiling of the building would be to watch out for.
6. Aquarium du Great Lyon: This is an additional fascinating attraction. The aquarium is located on the outskirts of the city and it has a bit of amusement for almost everyone. There are a number of varieties of fishes and other marine life varieties have been kept here. Many informative lectures and slideshows are also organized to teach the masses.
7. Maison de la Dane: It is really an ideal spot for the dance lovers. This theater has been dedicated to dance where you can discover various style of dance. There is a museum also is situated in the actual vicinity of the same building.
8. La Part Dieu: This is one of the largest retail center in France. The mall has the presence of the majority of the major brands in the world. But steer clear of this place on Sundays as it can get crowded.
Lyon is among the best places in France to see and discover bons plans à Lyon. Eurostar is one of the greatest means to reach Paris and then you can take possibly TGV train or even bus in order to Lyon.
Lyon, the culinary capital of France, which is the third largest town and second largest metropolitan area in France. This particular city is known for its culture and 2000 year-old history. This city began by the Romans and a heritage city because recognized by UNESCO. This excellent city is situated between Paris and Marseille as well as 470 km from Paris. You are able to reach presently there from Geneva that is just 170 km away. It is situated in East associated with France between 2 rivers called as Rhone as well as Saone. The people residing there are referred to as Lyonnais. It has a 'semi continental' climate and climate is nice to visit in the month of Sept and Oct.